Full-time Lead Graphic Designer
TEEM is a full-service boutique marketing agency located in Denver, Colorado. We serve clients utilizing a hybrid model, combining staff positions with a network of specialized, multi-disciplinary freelance talent to execute strategic, creative and digital projects.
TEEM partners with diverse clients on a broad range of projects, retainer services and campaigns – such as planning and strategy, branding, messaging, packaging, web dev, SEO, social media, content marketing, lead gen, performance media and general creative development.
The Lead Graphic Designer ensures that each clients’ desired message and identity is conveyed to consumers by directing the visual aspects of an advertising or media campaign. They collaborate with strategists, writers, digital marketers and developers along with client-side teams and our internal staff. And they lead design projects from concept through production – managing resources and supervising creative quality – to deliver on the objectives of each brief, and also meet the timeline, budget and terms dictated by the account team and the client.
The Lead Graphic Designer owns:
Creative Campaign Development & Brand Consistency
- Operates as the primary advocate for the consistent and faithful application of each client’s visual brand and personality across all types of designed assets – print, digital, social, web, experiential, and more;
- Will be hands on, driving large projects from brand redesigns, to simple updates in the Adobe Suite for already existing content.
- Talks to clients and conducts discovery to develop an understanding of brand personality, artistic approach and style;
- Determines how best to represent a concept or idea visually;
- Determines which photographs, art, animations, or other design elements to use;
- Develops the overall look or style of a campaign or an asset;
- Reviews and approves designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other team members;
- Presents designs to clients for approval and fields inquiries and feedback.
Design Processes & Standards
- Establishes work flow, processes and standards for design-oriented tasks;
- Manages project design files in Google Drive, and ensures clients, the internal team, and freelancers have access to the assets and resources they need;
- Ensures that native files are delivered on every design project according to both TEEM and the client’s specifications and standards.
Freelancer Coordination & Management
- Seeks out and maintains relationships with TEEM’s stable of freelance artists, designers, illustrators and other visual creatives;
- Coordinates activities with project designers as well as other marketing teams, agencies and creative departments;
- Delegates visual design work and orients freelancers to projects;
- Contributes to creative briefs to ensure strong creative output;
- Ensures that freelance team members are supported, well-managed and engaged throughout projects;
- Oversees TEEM interns on design projects, as needed;
- Participates in interviews and work sessions to connect with and assess new in-house designers or freelance talent.
Marketing & Business Development
- Gains an understanding of TEEM’s products, services, competitors, target market, and business goals;
- Owns TEEM’s visual brand and ensures that it manifests successfully in the marketplace;
- Supports TEEM’s marketing execution through visual design and brand advocacy on the agency’s website, marketing materials, presentations, design templates and documents;
- Displays design passion and curiosity, as well as a willingness to push their thinking and the agency’s work to achieve ‘brilliance’.
- Supports the CEO and Directors in promoting TEEM and managing our own visual brand;
- Actively participates in TEEM process improvement;
- Works to execute design tasks with excellence while also being efficient and profitable;
- Maintains availability and manages a flexible work schedule that accommodates the agency’s workload and client deadlines;
- Represents TEEM at industry and client events as well as in the creative community.
- Full-time 40 hours per week
- Position would start remotely but could be part-time in person in the future.
- Prefer candidate in Denver/Boulder area
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, range of $50-60k anticipated
- Flex-time / Remote: So long as responsibilities are being performed and time off is approved, there is no cap on time off or remote work;
- Company health, dental and vision insurance through Anthem BCBS plus GAP insurance;
- Paid/Closed Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Typically closed the day after Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas/New Years;
- Business development incentive of 5% for work referred in to TEEM from your personal network;
- Continuing education opportunities, memberships, events and tools/software/resources provided by the agency.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Designer/Art Director
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, fine art, marketing, advertising, or a similar focus area
- Strong portfolio of work encompassing branding, physical, digital and print design
- Ability to manage multiple clients, projects, and freelancers at a time
- Desire to join a tight-knit team in a unique agency model
- Local Colorado candidates preferred
- Send an email to email@example.com with ‘I’m the Lead Graphic Designer’ in the subject line
- Share briefly why you are the perfect person to join our team in this role
- Include your resume or link to a robust digital profile